A talent development programme for 150 writers, directors and producers who are actively working towards their debut feature.
Join our talent development programme for writers, directors and producers actively working towards their first feature.
What you get:
- Priority tickets to bespoke events looking at creative and technical topics and key challenges.
- Bespoke roundtables with BAFTA-nominees and BAFTA-identified new talent
- Bespoke networking events with guests including BAFTA members, BAFTA-identified new talent & industry partners
- Opportunity to apply for mentoring
- Live and online networking with ‘below the line’ talent across departments
- A monthly newsletter outlining upcoming events and opportunities
- Access to a selection of tickets to BAFTAs wider learning and new talent programme, including masterclasses, events, screenings and Q&As
- Access to podcasts of all events, just in case you miss something
- Travel bursaries towards attending BAFTA Crew events anywhere in the UK
Writers, directors and producers must be actively working towards a debut feature and meet one of the following:
- received funding for a feature or short film from BFI NETWORK/film fund
- been commissioned or premiered on an online or broadcast platform
- made a short that has been selected as a NETWORK pick.
- made a short film which has screened at a BAFTA-recognised festival in the last four years
- For writers only: one piece of full length theatre work performed professionally in the UK.
Who is eligible to apply?
BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew is open to writers, directors and producers who are actively working towards their first feature.
I am in full-time education, is this programme for me?
BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew is aimed at those already working in the industry. Students should visit Guru Live, BAFTA’s festival for career starters across film, television and games held in London, Scotland and Wales.
I am a BAFTA member, can I apply?
No, this programme is aimed at people working in the industry at the start of their careers and is not appropriate for full BAFTA Members. BAFTA Members will be invited to attend events with BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew participants and can nominate potential participants by emailing BAFTACrew@bafta.org
How will BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew participants be selected?
BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew participants will be selected by a committee of industry representatives from BFI NETWORK and BAFTA. Applicants will be selected based on their experience and their application form.
I have already participated in the BAFTA Crew programme, am I eligible for BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew?
Participants from previous BAFTA Crew programmes are welcome to re-apply if they feel they would benefit from joining the programme for another year. Applicants will need to list credits according to this year’s criteria. If you have taken parental leave in the last two years and would like to discuss your eligibility, please email BAFTACrew@bafta.org
I’d like to apply for mentoring, how do I do this?
There will be an opportunity in the application form to express your interest in mentoring opportunities.
Where will the events take place?
The events will take place in venues in major cities throughout the UK. This will be based on the geographical location of the final group, with travel bursaries available for those based more than 50 miles away from the venue.
When do I need to pay the joining fee?
You will need to pay the joining fee when you are offered a place. An email will be sent to you to confirm.
Why can’t I see the full annual programme of events now?
We work with the industry’s best practitioners who won’t always know their availability months in advance. We will endeavor to give Crew participants as much notice as possible when programming events. Once selected for BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew, you will receive newsletter outlining upcoming events and programme offers.
Who will deliver the events?
BAFTA events are delivered and led by BAFTA winners and nominees; writers, directors and producers – as well as craft and technical. Additionally, we will invite speakers with BAFTA-nominated credits.
Do I have to be living in the UK or is the programme open for overseas applications?
Applicants need to be currently living and working in the UK. However, we welcome those with international experience on their CV. Previous work experience in the UK is not a necessary requirement so long as you currently reside in the UK.
Will BAFTA cover my travel to and from events?
You are expected to cover your own travel and accommodation. We do have a limited number of bursaries available to supplement travel costs for those travelling to an event more than 50 miles from their home address. More details will be available once you have been accepted and before you pay your fee.
Applications close Monday 23 April